The Weston Family Foundation, through the Weston Brain Institute, aims to catalyze and scale science-based approaches to significantly improve the health and well-being of Canadians. There is growing evidence that making key lifestyle changes may reduce the risk of brain diseases of aging and slow cognitive decline.
The Institute is pleased to announce the launch of a new funding opportunity. The Brain Health: Sleep 2023 program seeks to reduce the risk and/or slow the progression of neurodegenerative diseases of aging by accelerating the development of healthy lifestyle approaches relating to sleep.
- Observational or interventional studies that accelerate the development of sleep-based strategies to improve brain-related outcome measures relevant to (or associated with) neurodegenerative diseases of aging. Projects should generate the evidence-base for the future implementation of better therapeutic interventions, guidelines, and recommendations on sleep.
- Preliminary data is required for this program.
Please refer to the Program Details for a full description.
Funding available per project: Up to $1,200,000 over 3 years.
- Program information session: April 25, register here or June 6, 2023 register here
- Letter of Intent deadline: July 11, 2023 apply here
- Award announcement: March 2024
For more information about this program, including details on project and applicant eligibility, institute definitions, program review criteria and expected project outcomes, please see the relevant documents below.
We welcome you to contact us with any program related inquiries. Please send your questions to Rene Prashad, Senior Program Manager, email@example.com