This funding opportunity will provide research grants of up to $200,000 over a maximum of 24 months to support high-impact projects that seek to leverage the microbiome to improve health.
Goal: To provide funding to Canadian scientists performing high-risk, high-reward translational research that leverages the microbiome towards improving human health.
Funding: Up to $200,000 per project over up to 24 months. $2 million (approx. 10 projects) total.
- Establish an innovative line of translational or implementation research and provide proof-of-principle evidence in support of new health applications.
- Work towards a recommendation, intervention or preventative strategy that improves health by leveraging the microbiome.
- Focus on eligible research surrounding the application of lifestyle approaches in microbiome health.
- Full definitions can be found in the Program Details document.
- Confirm intent to apply by emailing email@example.com
- Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template below)
Information Webinar: January 7th, 9th, 2020 @ 1:00pm EST (register here)
LOI deadline: January 21st, 2020 @ 2:00pm EST
Proposal deadline: May 14th, 2020 @ 4:00 pm EDT
Anticipated award notification: June, 2020