This funding opportunity will provide research grants of up to $450,000 over a maximum of 36 months to support early-career researchers in undertaking highly innovative projects in the microbiome sciences.
Please refer to the Program Details and Request for Applications (RFA) for more information and details on how to apply.
Goal: To accelerate the development and application of new technologies and approaches that leverage the microbiome to improve health.
Funding: Up to $450,000 per project over up to 36 months. $1.8 million (approx. 4 projects) total.
Applicant Eligibility: Lead by an early career researcher (<5 years active) at the level of assistant professor or higher) for the tenure of the award.
- Conduct translational research and development focused on delivering new microbiome-based health strategies or implementation studies focused on the application and adoption of microbiome-based health strategies.
- Strive to develop a new recommendation, intervention, technology, system or preventative strategy that improves health by leveraging the microbiome.
- Be in any relevant discipline including biomedical, dietary, engineering, information technology, social science, etc.
- Full definitions can be found in the Program Details document.
- Confirm intent to apply by emailing email@example.com
- Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template below)
Information Webinar: October 2nd, 13th, 2020 @ 1:00pm EST (register here)
LOI deadline: Rolling, final submission Nov 30th, 2020 @ 2:00pm EST
Proposal deadline: Rolling (5 week period for submission)
Anticipated award notification: Rolling