The Weston Family Foundation, through its Proof-of-Principle program, funds Canadian scientists performing high-risk, high-reward translational research that leverages the microbiome towards improving human health.
The human body is host to trillions of microbes. Research suggests that these organisms play important roles in health and disease and have a profound bearing on nutrition. The Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of a new funding opportunity. The Proof-of-Principle 2023 program will support high-impact projects that seek to leverage the microbiome to maximize the health benefits of precision nutrition.
Eligibile projects will:
- Leverage the microbiome to maximize the benefits of nutrition in people.
- Evaluate microbiome heterogeneity and how it impacts nutrient metabolism in humans.
Please refer to the Program Details for a full description.
Funding available per project: Up to $300,000 over a maximum of 30 months.
- Program information session: June 14, register here or July 5, 2023 register here
- Letter of Intent deadline: August 1, 2023 apply here
- Award announcement: November 2024
For more information about this program, including details on project and applicant eligibility, Foundation definitions, program review criteria and expected project outcomes, please see the relevant documents below.
We welcome you to contact us with any program related inquiries. Please send your questions to email@example.com.